Rajkot City
Ganesh
વિક્રમ સંવત ૨૦૭૪ રવિવાર ૧૭ ડિસેમ્‍બર, ૨૦૧૭
History Of Rajkot City
Map

Nawab Rule Of Rajkot City

Masum Khan, a deputy Faujdar of Junagadh's Nawab, conquered Rajkot in the year 1720 AD. and changed the name of Rajkot to Masumabad. In 1722 AD, fortress were built with about 4 to 5 kilometers perimeter and had walls that were 8 feet (2.4 m) wide. There were eight gates, each studded with iron spikes on its outer side, for access to Masumabad: Kotharia Naka, Nava Naka, Raiya Naka, Bedi Naka, Bhichari Naka, Sardhar Naka and Pal no Darwajo. Further, there was a gate without spikes called Khadaki Naka near Nakalank Temple. The ruins of the fort wall can be seen in the bastion in the Ramnath para area. Gates of Bedi Naka and Raiya Naka were modified during the colonial times. The chief Engineer of British Agency, Sir Robert Bell Booth, renovated Bedi gate and Raiya Naka gate and built the present three storied clock towers in 1892.

Histpry Of Rajkot City
Website Using CSS3 | Best Viewed in IE 9+, Mozilla 3.5+, Chrome 4.1+, Opera 10.5+
NOTE : This Information is collected from different kind of websites / sources. RajkotCity.Info refuse to accept any claim of loss and or liability by the user of this site. The user of this site is advice to make use of this site at his or her risk. All other logos are trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2015, RajkotCity.Info, Allright Reserved.